Everyone’s addiction recovery journey is unique, which is why our specialists at Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches are dedicated to creating individualized treatment plans to meet each of our patient’s needs. We constantly strive to provide clients with in-depth, comprehensive care that will address the physical, psychological, and social effects of addiction. However, we even take it a step further by offering addiction therapy programs in Florida to address any underlying mental illnesses and help patients develop the skills and tools they’ll need to sustain long-term recovery.
Importance of Behavioral Therapy for Addiction
Substance use disorders are often linked to underlying issues with mental health. Addiction is more than just a physical dependence on drugs and alcohol.
Even after medically monitored detox, your body can handle the detachment from these substances, but what about the mind? For most, the challenges of addiction recovery are mental.
Certain psychological and social factors can be powerful triggers for relapse, including stress, environmental cues like bumping into old friends, and more. These things can create a strong, ongoing urge to use again and make recovery a challenge.
Many people also struggle with a mental disorder as well, otherwise referred to as a co-occurring disorder or dual diagnosis. In addition to our individual and group therapy for substance abuse, we also provide dual diagnosis treatment that tackles the complexities of this combination.
Although no one method is better than the other, incorporating therapy into our addiction treatment in Palm Beach allows us to better understand the roots of our patients’ conditions and help them develop their social skills. We’re also able to teach our patients relapse prevention techniques that they can apply to their day-to-day lives after rehab.
Our Addiction Therapy Approaches
At our drug rehab in Palm Beach, we offer both individual and group therapy for drug addiction on inpatient and outpatient levels. As you may have guessed, individual therapy allows our patients to speak to our therapists one-on-one to address any behaviors and thoughts that contribute to their drug addiction.
It’s important to offer individual and private therapy sessions to patients so they can meet with our therapists in an environment where they feel comfortable sharing their struggles. However, we also value group therapy because it allows our patients to connect to others in the recovery community, and it encourages peer support.
Below are some of the addiction therapy programs we offer at our facility:
- Animal-Assisted Therapies: Incorporates animals into therapy to promote relaxation and accountability.
- Art Therapy: Utilizes various art forms to help patients articulate their thoughts and feelings to assist them in self-discovery.
- Biofeedback: Promotes relaxation through the use of sound therapy, physical therapy, and positive affirmations.
- Christian Drug Counseling: Our Faith in Recovery program offers faith-based counseling and therapy approaches to help patients discover their spirituality and use it in recovery from addiction.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Teaches patients how to recognize moods, thoughts, and situations that contribute to drug cravings and drug use.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Focus on acceptance and change in recovery, teaching patients how to focus on the potential of the future instead of harping on their past mistakes.
- Eye Movement Desensitization And Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy: A form of psychotherapy that utilizes eye and hand movement to calm the patient and help them recall and heal from traumatic experiences.
- Family Therapy: Our family therapy for addiction recovery includes individual sessions with a counselor and group sessions with the patient to promote healing within the family unit and address issues like enabling and
- Motivational Interviewing: A goal-oriented style of communication that helps strengthen motivation for and commitment to addiction recovery by exploring the individual’s reasons for change.
- Programs for Professionals: Among our special programs and therapies for addiction is also our addiction treatment for professionals, including healthcare professionals, athletes, pilots, first responders, and military personnel.
- Relapse Prevention: Our relapse prevention program teaches patients practical skills they can apply to their day-to-day lives to manage drug cravings and other challenges.
- Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART Recovery): With the guidance of a counselor, patients in SMART Recovery can engage in addiction group therapy activities to help each other manage challenges in recovery.
- Trauma Therapy: Helps people recover from traumatic experiences like rape, poverty, domestic abuse, death of a loved one, natural disaster, near-death experiences, and sexual molestation.
These are only a few of the various addiction treatment services we offer at our holistic treatment center in Lake Worth. For more information about our addiction treatment services, contact BHOPB today.