Compassionate Treatment for Pathological Gambling
Gambling addiction â€“ or to use the technical term, ludomania â€“ has long been misunderstood or misdiagnosed. Only in the past few years has it been identified as a true addictive disorder, finally being categorized as such in the latest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V). Yet many who suffer from gambling addiction may be unaware of exactly how severe their condition is. They must do away with this denial by seeking gambling addiction treatment at a facility with a compassionate, understanding staff of experts who know how to help them overcome their compulsions.
Signs and Symptoms of Gambling Addiction
- Committing crimes to get money to gamble
- Feeling restless or irritable when trying to cut back or quit gambling
- Gambling to escape problems or feelings of sadness or anxiety
- Gambling larger amounts of money to try to regain past losses
- Losing a job, relationship, education, or career opportunity due to gambling
- Lying about the amount of time or money spent gambling
- Making many unsuccessful attempts to cut back or quit gambling
- Needing to borrow money due to gambling losses
- Needing to gamble larger amounts of money in order to feel excitement
- Spending a lot of time thinking about gambling, such as remembering past experiences or ways to get more money with which to gamble
Gambling Addiction Treatment for Long-Term Success
Pathological gambling is not a disorder that develops overnight. Like most addiction disorders, it can develop out of many underlying psychological conditions or stimuli. Â We are dedicated to our holistic approach of healing the patient in mind, body, and spirit, where we address any underlying factors that contribute to an addiction. This is especially important in treating pathological gambling, because incomplete treatment will leave the patient vulnerable to relapse. What’s more, the rate of attempted suicides among people with long-term gambling addictions is an alarming 20%.
Our gambling addiction treatment program offers a path to recovery through personalized, cutting-edge therapies, both group and one-on-one discussions, and an expert staff whose priority is giving our patients the tools they need to rebuild their lives.
If you are suffering from problematic or pathological gambling habits and are looking for the best gambling addiction treatment available, please call us today toll-free at (844) 381-8670.